Backup is Number One
How much money, time and effort is your website worth?
We have been in business for over 20 years. Backup is thankfully becoming more common, but for most of the past 20 years, we have had websites brought to us with no backup installed. We can not stress how important WordPress Backup is.
Why is Backup So Important?
Note: This should cause you to feel slightly panicked
- Your site may get hacked and display an ugly message that someone has taken it over
- Your site may display pornography or redirect to a porn website
- Your site may contain malware which is attracting visitors looking for other things and your host may shut your site down
- An update may run which conflicts other software and breaks your website
- You may make a big change and mess something up
Each of these items has happened on multiple occasions over the past 20 years to our customers. TechCare recommends and puts into place good backup solutions.
Most Importantly, Though:
How Easy is it to Restore Your Backup?
- Is your backup easy to restore?
- Is it automatic?
- Will everything be put back properly?
- Do you need to make code/path adjustments after a restore?
- How long will it take you?
Your backup should be easy to restore. You should be able to enter some minimal information or simply click a button, and the restore should take place.
If this is not the case for you and your backup, contact TechCare today.