Here is a real, live example of how one of my clients created a fantastic video to touch their client base’s hot spots without using a video camera. This example is an inspiration to all of us.
There are many ways to create video content for your website. You could hire a specialized company which will create a stunning, professional video or you could attempt to create one yourself. Many times, a video will be thought of as “a nice idea” but will not be put into practice for a myriad of reasons: hiring a professional company may be out of the budget, people are nervous to be in front of a camera, some are nervous the video quality will be inferior, or they do not have the correct equipment such as a tripod or light kit. The reasons are endless why businesses are not creating more video content.
One of our clients found a perfect solution that enabled them to create a professional video without all of the issues above.
Systems4PT, is a company which develops software for Physical Therapy offices so that the Physical Therapy office may go paperless. One feature of their software is a rules flow that will automatically enter the proper insurance billing codes for each insurance company as therapists are entering in their data about patients. This feature of their software is called PayTrend™.
Systems4PT knew about the power of using video on their site, and needed a way to explain their PayTrend™ product using video in a unique, concise way. Here is the process they used to create their video:
- Systems4PT developed a short script that explained their product in enough detail to pique interest, but general enough to keep the flow of information moving
- They recorded the script on their computer using a microphone
- Next, they sketched out some sample slides that would go along with the videos, using stick figures and word bubbles.
- Systems4PT took the sketches to a cartoonist, Amy Cabot, to draw professionally.
- TechCare was sent: the cartoons as .jpg files, the script as a document, and the script file as an audio file. We imported the images and audio into iMovie, changing slides where noted in the documented script.
- Next, the movie needed some background music to keep the viewer’s attention. Since we all know it is illegal to use licensed music that you hear on the radio in your videos, we headed over to Audio Jungle where we found a piece that was the correct length and mood for our video. The new audio was added to the video.
- The iMovie file was exported easily as a web ready file.
- Systems4PT set up a professional Vimeo account where the files are hosted so that they stream fast to the end user’s computer. In addition, we were able to preserve the resolution of the beautiful slides that were drawn by the cartoonist.
- Because Systems4PT is using WordPress as their back end, they were able to use a little plugin that pulled their video quickly from their Vimeo account.
Are you using video on your website to promote your brand, give more detail, or create excitement? Now is the time to use video to your advantage.
Recently, views of video online has increased dramatically. This is due to the evolution of the web, the evolution of Internet access, speed and bandwidth provided by ISPs (Internet Service Providers), the price reduction of point and shoot cameras, the inclusion of video camera in our phones, and the ease of making videos using software such as Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, or screencast programs such as Jing.
And people are watching. We love video. comScore, a company which measures the digital world, recently reported that “that 181 million U.S. Internet users watched nearly 40 billion videos of online video content in January.” Interesting.
So what does this mean for you? It means that if you can think of a way to showcase a feature of your business, explain a product, or create excitement, you should create a video for your site as well.
Let’s make a video for your business
Contact us to learn how we can promote your brand using video!